Monday, July 2, 2007

Pioneering Over Four Epochs1: Post #2

QUITE UNMEASUREABLE, INDEFINABLE


If a person chooses to perfect his writing and not his life, "he must refuse a heavenly mansion." Toil will leave its mark: "a raging in the dark." He will feel "the day's vanity, the night's remorse."
-Ron Price with thanks to W.B. Yeats, "The Choice", W.B. Yeats The Poems, editor, Daniel Albright, J.M. Dent and Sons Ltd., London, 1990, pp.296-7.



All this writing is for me
a visible sign of the melody
of eternity with the chord
of creation, an attempt to
establish myself in the realm
of divine trust, to bring the
Supreme Concourse to the
door of my life as I play
with the heavens of mysteries,
the colours and riddles of life.
Holding all there is of creative
thought, I produce a spiritual
word and result that is quite
immeasureable, indefineable.1


Ron Price
26 October 1997

1 most of this perspective comes from 'Abdu'l-Baha statement on the cry Ya'Baha'ul-Abha which I have applied to writing. The comparison can be made, but how validly?

No comments: